RFQ Number: CRFQ-HQ-0196
Description: Election Specialist Advisor to the Office of the Political Party Registrar in the
National Independent Election Commission (NIEC) of Somalia
RFQ Release Date: 5/30/19
RFQ Closing Date: 6/30/2019
RFQ Closing Time: 04:00PM Eastern Standard Time
Creative Associates seeks a consultant to provide technical expertise and advice as Elections Specialist to the Office of the Political Party Registrar (OPPR) of the National Independent Election Commission (NIEC) of Somalia. The expert will provide technical outputs to support the capacity development of the OPPR in their preparations for the 2020 voter registration and 2020/21 Election. Specifically, consultant must demonstrate capabilities in the following areas:
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 10 years’ direct experience developing Electoral Process, with particular reference to political party registration. A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 13 years’ experience will also be considered.
- At least 5 of these years must be from Political Party centric assignments.
- At least 3 of these years must be within fragile and conflict-affected states.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of SQL Database systems, with a demonstratable capability to work with database developers to design the architecture of a comprehensive and future-proofed political party database.
- Must have demonstrated track record of building collaborative relationships in complex political environments.
- Must have demonstrated track record of working within a governmental institution, preferably embedded within an Election Management Body.
Estimated period of performance: July 1 – December 31, 2019.
Estimated Level of Effort (LOE): Ninety (90) Days.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
- Travel to Mogadishu, Somalia for analysis, consultations, and technical support to the Somalia NIEC.
- Familiarize themselves with the NIEC structure and functions particularly the OPPR and relevant staff within these departments/ offices.
- Perform a mapping exercise of the interactions that the OPPR has with the other offices within the NIEC and other government institutions demonstrating the input, output, and decision-making points.
- Prepare a list of products and outputs their office will deliver, where appropriate, for:
o During registration
o Post-registration and PVL-FVL display periods
o Polling day
o Results management
- Prepare a staff and resource table (specialist software, etc.) to be presented to the NIEC Secretary General (SG);
- Prepare detailed hardware and software specifications for the development of the political party database.
- Within the existing NIEC Staff and Somali advisory pool dedicated to the OPPR, identify any training, skill or certification shortfall.
- Identify proposed in-house, on-line, or out of country training, including; course name, timing/availability, cost, and prepare a proposal document to support their recommendation.
- Advisor will provide in-house training, support, guidance and mentoring to the OPPR.
RESULTS AND/OR DELIVERABLES
- Draft recommended action plan
- Present revised recommended action plan
- Provide tailored developmental training and mentoring; provide associated, tailored training materials
- Provide organizational mapping document
- Provide weekly written reports to the BUILD Election Technical Advisor (ETA)
Please submit the following documents in response to this RFQ:
- A technical statement that addresses technical knowledge and practical aspects that the Offeror has and will employ reflecting the Statement of Capabilities;
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1;
- A proposed daily rate that will be effective for one (1) year for level of effort (LOE) assignments and used as the basis for reasonableness determination for fixed price assignments. Please provide rate history or other basis for support of your proposed daily rate.
- Signed and completed Consultant Certifications
- USAID Biodata 1420 Form
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.