Tetra Tech, ES Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech dedicated to international development, is recruiting for an Electricity Commercialization Manager (ECM). The ECM will be a senior member of our international development staff. This position will be based in Arlington, Virginia, with significant travel to developing countries.
The ECM may have the opportunity to transition to a full-time field based assignment in a developing country, possibly a post-conflict environment, as an advisor to an electric utility. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as senior technical expert on projects to improve commercial operations at electric utility companies, in areas such as loss reduction information technology systems, and smart grid applications.
- Manage work-streams or projects for electric utility companies in the areas listed above.
- Generate thought leadership and support business development efforts in the areas listed above.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in electricity sector, such as with an electric utility company or a consulting firm working for electric utilities and/or telecoms.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Experience on projects in at least one of the following specialty areas:
o Electricity loss reduction programs
o Electricity billing/customer information systems
o Other information technology systems relevant to electricity companies
o Smart grid technologies, such as meters and communication systems
o Smart grid project development
- Prior experience as Task Leader or the equivalent on projects funded by USAID, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, or other donor-funded organization.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level) and business groups; ability to clearly communicate complex information; and ability to deliver messages effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluency in English is required. Proven ability to work in another foreign language (one relevant to USAID-assisted countries) is desirable.
- Ability to travel of 50% time to developing countries, including to post-conflict countries.
About the Organization
Working from more than 330 offices worldwide, Tetra Tech’s 13,000 professionals provide innovative solutions addressing today’s pressing development issues. Tetra Tech offers a wide range of integrated multidisciplinary international development services.
Our approach is based on sound science, stakeholder engagement, and capacity building, and the use of innovative technologies and best practices—including monitoring and evaluation tools, grants management systems, and experience in public-private partnerships—to ensure local ownership and sustainable development long after a project is complete.