Tetra Tech is looking for a Project Manager/ Electricity Sector Specialist (or Electric Utility Specialist) to be based in Arlington Virginia USA. The successful candidate will work as part of Tetra Tech’s team of energy experts to design, analyze, and advise on the development and implementation of electricity projects in developing countries.
- Carry out activities in the planning, design, development, and implementation of electricity projects in developing countries, focused on power generation, transmission and distribution.
- Carry out and lead the development of resource assessments, due diligence, feasibility studies, technology evaluations, market assessments, policy evaluations, and economic analyses in the electricity sector.
- Lead the development of capacity building efforts through training and workshops.
- Document and report on project activities, prepare position papers and technical review documents to assist in sharing project successes and lessons learned
- Take a lead role in implementing projects and managing client relationships
- Identify new clients and business opportunities, prepare proposals
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in the electricity sector, especially in utility operation and electricity markets.
- Experience in the implementation of power generation, transmission and distribution technologies.
- Experience in utility operations including electricity loss reduction strategies, outages reduction, network quality improvements, etc.
- Experience in competitive procurement and grid integration of renewable energy generation.
- Experience with power systems modeling.
- Knowledge of electricity regulatory environment.
- Experience working with a diverse set of clients (e.g., public, private)
- Experience working with sub-contractors and leading small to medium size teams.
- Experience preparing reports and technical studies for clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English at level 5 of fluency.
- Ability to work in Spanish and/or French desirable.
- Proficient with MS Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Economics, or a related field required.
- Advanced degree, such as MBA or other relevant discipline, preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel to developing countries up to 1/3 of the time and to do short-term international assignments
- Experience working in Africa, Europe and Eurasia
- Ability to work in French desirable
About the Organization
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech, is a leading provider of energy services working worldwide for development agencies, governments, multilateral banks, and multinational corporations. We provide technical solutions for the world's most complex energy challenges including energy policy and regulatory advisory services, utility reform, financial advisory services, clean energy deployment, and connectivity solutions.