Rumph and Associates, P.C. is seeking an Emergency Management Specialist I to address the need for public health emergency management capacity development for India, for the COVID-19 response and future public health incidents and events.
Travel within India will be required.
Period of Performance
One year commencing on approximately August 31, 2020.
CDC works closely with the national government of India and local institutions to prepare for detect and respond to public health disease outbreaks and disasters with catastrophic human impact. This capacity must be consistent development and sustained over time to ensure that the Government of India is best prepared to prevent, detect, and respond to disease outbreaks and public health threats. CDC India works across sectors and institutions through technical assistance and funding support through cooperative agreements (COAGs).
The U.S. Government seeks to accelerate progress toward a world safe and secure from infectious disease threats and to promote global health security as an international security priority. There are three key themes:
• Preventing and reducing the likelihood of outbreaks – natural, accidental, or intentional.
• Detecting threats early saves lives.
• Rapid, effective response requires multi-sectoral and international coordination and communication.
EDUCATION, MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an allied science, public health, emergency management, or a comparable field of study.
· Working familiarity with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in India, as well as a basic knowledge of how the Government of India is organized and operates.
· Basic knowledge of emergency management principals
· Ability to communicate proficiently in at least one local (India) language
· Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
· Ordinarily resident in India, (i.e., a citizen of India, or resident in India with permanent residency)
- Ability to collect, analyze, and disseminate critical public health information
- Possess an understanding of emergency operation centers management & operations, organizational structure, staffing, and schedules
- Interact with staff responsible for carrying out emergency management processes
- Train relevant professional staff members in their home country
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills, as well as tact and diplomacy sufficient to gain the respect of client and employees.
About the Organization
Rumph and Associates, P.C. (Rumph) founded in 2007 is a SBA certified 8(a), minority-owned small disadvantaged business (SDB headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia.) Rumph is committed to providing our federal, state and local government, in addition to, private sector and nonprofit clients innovative, adaptable, quality-oriented, and cost-conscious services and integrated solutions which enable them to achieve their most desired short and long-term business goals. We produce efficient, effective and well-timed results by understanding our clients’ needs and supporting them in their efforts to obtain the most desired outcomes. We have values about our company and the way it should be run. Our values are demanding and an essential part of what we do and how we act toward our associates and our business. We believe our values are the reason behind our success and allows us to keep true to ourselves during times of growth and during challenges. http://rumphandassociates.com/