Job Title: Technical Advisor II – Emergency Program Quality and Management (PQM) West Africa Regional Focal Point
Reports to: Technical Advisor, Emergency Program Quality and Coordination
Department: Humanitarian Response Dept. (HRD)
Location: US/Domestic US Telecommuting
In this role, you will provide technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation issues in the area of Emergency Response and Recovery (ERR), in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices, to Country Program (CP) teams and partners to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. This includes: providing rapid deployment leadership capacity for breaking and ongoing humanitarian responses with a focus on the West Africa Region (WARO), where the emergency portfolio includes ongoing and expanding emergency response programming in conflict-affected areas in Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger, as well as potential natural disaster response programming such as floods, drought or food crises in other parts of the region;ensuring integration of social cohesion and peacebuilding approaches in alignment with the Agency strategy and the Sahel Peace Initiative;coordinating participation of WARO staff in internal and external humanitarian conferences and learning events (as appropriate) and leading knowledge management, capacity building and sharing across the region to ensure best practices and learning are shared across the country programs.
* Masters’ Degree or equivalent field experience in international development or related field.
* More than five years of experience in overseas programming, preferably managing emergency response and recovery programs.
* Experience managing large and multi-cultural teams.
* Experience in multi-sector program design for emergencies, including rapid assessment.
* Experience working with and through local partner organizations and in building the capacity of local organization to manage programs/resources, preferably in emergency situations.
* Experience with emergency team leadership, program design, proposal development, supply chain, administration and financial oversight, response coordination, information management, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL), and integration of cross-cutting themes (e.g., capacity strengthening, protection mainstreaming, gender, good governance and social cohesion) into emergency programming. Knowledge of CRS and Caritas Internationalis emergency programming and standards a plus.
* Highly proficient in security protocols and management of emergency programs in insecure environments.
Required Foreign Language: Fluency in French and English required
Required Travel: Travel is expected to be approximately 50% (i.e., six months of the year); duration of a deployment will generally be from 3 to 8 weeks, depending on the needs of the country program.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
CRS staff, alongside our partners and the people we serve, work daily to bring our mission and guiding principles to life. We share our stories of hope, compassion and solidarity to inspire others to join us in creating a more just and prosperous world for all.