Job Title: Emergency Response Manager
Position Type: PM (Temporary: Estimated January – June, 2018)
Job Location: La Venta, Union Hidalgo Municipality, Qaxaca State
Reports To: Head of Office
Program Quality and Management:
* Oversee specific and clearly defined program directions and day to day activities as indicated in the donor agreements, implementation plans, and MEAL plan.
* Ensure adherence to SPHERE standards in all phases of design and implementation of project activities.
* Use appropriate management tools to plan, review and track progress on projects implementation progress as well as on the utilization of project resources.
* Ensure the development and implementation of strong MEAL systems, using appropriate CRS tools and resources to maximize project impact on beneficiaries.
* Continuously support the professional development of his/her team at all levels by providing adequate mentoring, clear orientation, feedback and learning opportunities.
* Identify technical assistant needs for CRS and partners and take the lead in developing SOWs and follow up with potential TA from the region, HRD, and/or external expertise as appropriate.
* Oversee management and maintenance of documentation related to all projects approvals, monitoring and implementation in both hard and soft copies.
* Promote strong linkages and exchange with HRD and/or other CPs engaged in similar programming to ensure the sharing of best practices and expertise.
* Closely monitor events in the country (humanitarian situation, politics, and security, etc.), in order to identify potential impact on on-going operations, as well as other potential programming areas and new (strategic) partners for CRS.
Partnership and Capacity Building
* Ensure adherence to CRS Partnership principles, including ensuring all new staff and consultants are oriented on CRS’ partnership principles.
* Support the Field Coordinator – Oaxaca to ensure the maintenance of excellent collaborative working relationships with local partners, Diocese of Tehuantepec (DT) for administration, and Missionaries of Jesus Christ Resurrected (MCR) for project implementation.
* Support the Field Coordinator – Oaxaca to provide support to local partners in all aspects of project management, including financial management (DT), reporting (MCR & DT), supply chain management (DT & MCR), project implementation (MCR) and project monitoring (DT & MCR). This should be done with the collaboration of CRS/Mexico’s financial auditor, who also supports partner relationships at the CP-level.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
CRS is a leading international relief and development agency with over 70 years of experience and programs in over 100 countries. CRS is committed to addressing root causes of poverty regardless of race, religion or creed and ensures our values inform our approach to programs, operations and human resource management. CRS is always looking for dedicated professionals who are values led and results driven.