ACDI/VOCA is seeking an Employability and Private Sector Engagement Specialist for an anticipated Bangladesh Youth Leadership Program funded by USAID. The program will bolster youth’s income, resilience to violent extremism, and to provide youth the skills and abilities to advocate for good governance and self-reliance. The program is anticipated to start in 2021.
The Employability and Private Sector Engagement Specialist will provide overall technical expertise and guidance on employability and private sector engagement activities. They will create and maintain strong relationships with youth-led and youth-serving organizations, civil society leaders, local government officials, private sector actors, and support connecting youth to viable livelihood opportunities. The position is based in Bangladesh.
- Provide overall technical expertise and guidance as it relates to youth employability
- Create and maintain strong relationships with youth-led and youth-serving organizations, civil society leaders, local government officials, and other stakeholders including private sector actors
- Lead the development of strategies and interventions that promote the economic and social empowerment of youth
- Spearhead youth enterprises implemented with Positive Youth Development (PYD) principles
- Provide thought leadership and managerial oversight over private sector engagement (PSE) activities
- Coordinate with cross-cutting services such as communications, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion, and Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, to ensure that PSE activities effectively contribute to the success of overall project goals
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders, government officials, private sector actors, financial institutions, project staff, and/or donor agencies Oversee primary and secondary research related to PSE
- Identify age- and gender- specific challenges and opportunities and troubleshoot potential issues for youth engagement in economic opportunities
- Contribute to the documentation of program results and support reviewing, compiling, editing, and formatting program deliverables related to employability and private sector activities
- Communicate program results to program staff, donor representatives, partners, and other relevant stakeholders to enable data and experience-informed decision-making
- Advanced degree in business, management, education, development studies, or relevant field
- At least 7 years of experience in job creation, employability, youth and workforce development, and/or civil society strengthening
- Demonstrated expertise in positive youth development and community improvement
- Previous USAID-funded project experience strongly preferred
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with youth, civil society, and other stakeholders, including government and local government officials, media, and international donors
- Thorough knowledge of the Bangladeshi political, social, economic, and cultural context
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Fluency in English and Bengali required
Bangladeshi nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.