Deloitte’s International Donor Organisation’ group provides services to a variety of governments and donors in the fields of Energy, Public Health, Infrastructure & Capital Projects, Economic Growth, and Governance. Our Africa practice is looking for an energy expert with experience in working with international donors, African power utilities, energy regulators and African governments’ officials to assist with supporting and developing the growth of the IDO group across the continent.
The expert will be responsible for growing and converting Deloitte Africa’s Energy projects pipeline, and supporting the member firms in the implementation of those projects. Key technical areas may include:
- Sustainable energy policy and regulation (clean energy)
- Energy utility reform
- Energy efficiency
- Power systems infrastructure
- Network planning and operation
- Independent Power Producers (IPPs), Power Purchase Agreements, new business/licensing models
- Tariff modelling/analysis/setting
- Energy infrastructure Public Private Partnerships (PPPs)
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supports Deloitte leadership in developing IDO business development strategies and plans for the energy sector.
- Builds relationships with IDO clients throughout the region (understanding of USAID, European donors, World Bank and United Nations is required).
- Builds relationships with implementing partners.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of IDO business development strategies, active pursuits and pipeline (related to the energy sector).
- Advises on different contractual and pricing strategies for energy pursuits.
- Assists in the development of capture plans, and proposals, and leads technical responses for energy related pursuits
- Provides guidance in a number of proposal development areas, including proposal coordination and backstopping, recruitment of local personnel and subcontractors, writing, editing, and information gathering field trips for both general scoping and specific RFP opportunities.
- Participates and guides go/no go decisions for energy opportunities.
- Plays an active role in partner and sub-contractor selection.
- Provides advice to proposal teams on drafting teaming agreements with subcontractors and key personnel.
- Builds business development capacity within local member firms in chosen area of expertise.
- Support energy projects implementation as required.
- Develop energy related thought leadership.
- Master’s degree in Energy, Engineering or related
- + 10 years relevant work experience (including business development and technical implementation)
- In-depth knowledge of the energy market in Africa
- Experience in the implementation of clean energy policy, regulations, reforms and institutional strengthening of power utilities
- Experience in IPPs market development, Power purchase Agreements
- Experience in advising on PPPs in energy infrastructure projects.
- Significant work experience in developing countries including Africa.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects
- Excellent English written and verbal communication is required
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement requirements and bidding experience
- Ability to understand and operate in a complex organizational structure and operating environment.
- Problem solver and effective communicator.
- Willingness and ability to travel.