: Support the technical and financial sustainability of the renewable energy and energy efficiency sectors in Egypt
: Long-term, minimum 480 working days
: June 2019
This project falls under a category that Human Dynamics is well-experienced in- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency. Throughout implementation of the project, we will re-organise the core functions of the New and Renewable Energy Authority, modernise the Renewables Energy Framework, and strengthen energy modelling. This will contribute to energy sector reform in Egypt and improve the overall renewable energy sources framework.
The aim of this assignment is to support the ongoing reform process of the Energy Sector through assisting the Country to achieve its targets. This support will take the form of a technical assistance to contribute to the management of its energy resources by improving technical, institution and financial efficiencies of concerned stakeholders and beneficiaries. This technical assistance should contribute to the management and the use of these resources by improving operational efficiencies of concerned stakeholders and beneficiaries. This includes:
Qualifications and skills
- Strengthening the institutional sustainability of the Energy System Model;
- Reinforcing the institutional framework of the Sustainable Energy Sources;
- Contributing to the role of standards and measurements;
- Reinforcing awareness of the positive impacts and benefits of energy efficiency in all sectors.
General professional experience
- University master’s degree in relation to Energy (technical engineering, oil and gas engineering or related subject);
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of Arabic would be considered an advantage.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in Petroleum (upstream, midstream or downstream) sector, preferably at least 5 years dealing with energy efficiency strategy;
- Experienced in working in the MENA region an asset.
- Proven experience with energy efficiency policy, energy sector reform;
- Proven experience in the oil and gas sector;
- Professional experience in energy audits would be an asset.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org