Job DescriptionJob description
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is currently applying for an EU - funded project: India-EU Clean Energy and Climate Partnership.
The overall objective of the project is to enhance EU-India cooperation on energy. In line with the EU’s Energy Union, the Clean Energy for All Europeans initiative, the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the EU’s Global Strategy, this enhanced cooperation will help increase mutual trust and understanding between the two strategic partners and contribute to a global transition towards clean energy on the basis of a common vision of a sustainable, reliable and secure energy system.
The supporting key expert 2 will help the Team Leader in all aspects of delivering the expected results.
Qualification and Skills:
- University degree at bachelor’s level (or equivalent) in a subject or discipline relevant to this assignment and minimum 5 years of full-time, proven relevant experience. Alternatively, secondary education diploma and minimum 8 years of full-time, proven relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- High proficiency of India and of English.
General Professional Experience:
- Preferably 4, but a minimum 2 years full-time, proven experience in project implementation of projects with relevant sector stakeholders. Alternatively, 10 years fulltime relevant working experience after secondary education diploma.
Specific Professional Experience
- Preferably 6, but a minimum 3 years full-time proven post-graduate experience working as an expert in India in the field of energy policy development, assessment and/or advice. Alternatively, 10 years full-time relevant working experience after secondary education diploma.
- Knowledge of EU Member States’ energy cooperation with India.
- Good knowledge of and past work relationships with relevant Indian stakeholders and target groups.
- Basic knowledge of EU energy-related business sectors operating in India, and EU business associations for these.
The intended start date is September 2018 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competencies when you apply online.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
To apply, please make use of our online - application facility under: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=36653