Tetra Tech ES, Inc., based in Arlington, VA, is seeking candidates for a variety of long- and short-term energy sector expert positions based in Bangladesh. The specialists will implement technical activities, coordinate closely with the client and local stakeholders, and work closely with the program management team based in Bangladesh. The positions may be part-time or full-time and is contingent upon contract award.
Successful candidates should bring significant experience - and be mid- to senior-level technical experts - in at least one or more of the following specialties:
- Electricity utility improvement, transformation and modernization
- Energy policy
- Energy law and regulations
- Renewable energy
- Distributed energy
- Distribution engineering
- Transmission and distribution system operation
- Energy resilience and cybersecurity
- Power sector planning (policies and tools)
- Energy resource diversification
- Advanced energy technology (design, adoption, integration and scale-up)
- Energy economics
- Private sector engagement
- Finance and tariffs
- Competitive energy procurement
- Market competition promotion (energy-specific)
- Regional trade (electricity, clean coal, and gas)
- Power engineering
- Modern gas systems
- Natural gas infrastructure
- IT platform/software development
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, physics, or similar technical field.
- A master’s degree in economics, energy, engineering, finance, management, policy, legal, and/or other related fields is preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience supporting or leading infrastructure projects, with demonstrable experience (technical, financial, policy, development) in the power sector.
- Experience supporting USAID and/or other donor-funded energy projects in Bangladesh.
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers, supervisors, clients, and stakeholders.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) is required.
Apply online at:http://p.rfer.us/TETRATECHpyf9U8
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
• Cover Letter
• CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.