Position summary & job purpose
Tetra Tech invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) from qualified energy practitioners or researchers who are legally allowed to work in Thailand for their curriculum vitae for the roster of individual consultants with professional experience in one or more the following sectors: Renewable Energy, particularly solar, wind, geothermal, and hydropower; Natural Gas; Energy Efficiency; and Advanced Energy Systems.
Tetra Tech aims to establish a qualified pool of consultants who can deliver professional services on a short-term basis to conduct activities including, but not limited to, the provision of consultancy services on renewable energy, advanced energy systems, and natural gas related topics, capacity building, and learning activities within the scope of USAID Asia Enhancing Development and Growth through Energy (EDGE) Initiative. Please visit this LINK for more information about USAID Asia EDGE Initiative.
The successful candidates will provide on-demand technical support services on one or more of the following technical area of expertise:
- Utility grid modernization
- Renewable electricity grid integration
- Deployment of resilient, distributed energy services
- Distributed energy resources and storage
- Power sector resilience
- Advanced energy systems and technologies
- Battery and other storage technologies
- Energy efficiency
- Smart grid
- Design/Adoption of distributed energy, electric vehicles and/or modern gas systems
- Natural gas infrastructure
- Innovative technologies, practices, business and financing models for advanced energy systems
- Diversification of energy resources
- Energy policy and regulatory reform
- Energy procurement systems
- Market competition promotion (energy-specific)
- Modern energy technologies: design, adoption, integration and scale-up
- Public and private sector investment for the deployment of advanced energy systems
- Regional connectivity
- Regional trade for electricity and gas
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- A master’s degree in economics, energy, engineering, finance, management, policy, legal, and/or other related fields.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience supporting or leading energy sector projects, particularly in Southeast Asia.
- Familiarity with the trends, technologies, and regulations in the energy sector and the challenges associated with their deployment/implementation.
- Familiarity with the political, social and cultural context of working in Southeast Asia is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) is required.
- Fluency in native language, other than English.
- The ability to legally work in Thailand.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- The ability to multitask, manage and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Excel in order to conduct data analysis.
- The ability to work with limited supervision.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced office environment and working under pressure; prior work with international organizations is considered as advantage.
- Good attendance and a commitment to being on time.
- High level of ethics, honesty, discipline, and professionalism.
- Possess a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Client focused. Prepared to ‘go the extra mile.’
Physical demands & work environment:
The consultant will primarily work from home, with periodic attendance at the Bangkok office. Travel to countries in Southeast Asia may be required.
- A cover letter in English describing how the applicant fits for these consultancy requirements in terms of sectors, technical expertise, general qualifications, and professional experience. Please clearly indicate specific sector(s) and technical expertise the applicant possesses and has proven track records of achievements.
- CV in English.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech, is a leading provider of energy services working worldwide for development agencies, governments, multilateral banks, and multinational corporations. We provide technical solutions for the world's most complex energy challenges including energy policy and regulatory advisory services, utility reform, financial advisory services, clean energy deployment, and connectivity solutions.