Chemonics seeks long- and short-term energy sector specialists for the anticipated USAID Regional Energy Program in India. The program aims to enhance energy security in South Asia by improving access to affordable, secure, reliable, and sustainable energy through expanded, transparent, and efficient energy markets. Based in the National Capital Region of India, the program may also include satellite offices in neighboring countries such as Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of cross-border power and gas trade, including the development of harmonized regulations and policy frameworks
- Advise technical and procurement divisions of key public agencies and utilities to improve procurement processes and governance
- Develop new models for public-private partnerships and improved bankability of energy project development to foster private sector investment
- Lead modernization energy systems by advancing renewable energy generation, distributed energy resources, digitalization and improved integration technologies, off-grid solutions, and sustainable building technologies
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided by the project, including necessary adjustments to fit the requirements of USAID
- Advanced degree in energy, economics, engineering, or other relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of experience on one of the referenced energy disciplines, with strong experience in South Asia
- Experience in multicountry project management for a USAID or other international donor-funded program
- Ability to travel to neighboring countries such as Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and Sri Lanka
- Demonstrated ability to manage and advise a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team to lead a broad range of governmental and nongovernmental actors
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Application Instructions: Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached to IREPrecruit@chemonics.com and “Energy Sector Specialists – India Regional Energy Program” in the subject line by November 26, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted, and we will interview candidates on a rolling basis.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.