Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an experienced a senior manager for an anticipated four (4) year USAID funded activity that will provide the USAID Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) Center, Missions, and implementing partners with concrete support and tools to engage with internal and external audiences via remote and in-person training programs, conferences, online communities of practice, and professional coaching.
This is a long-term position expected to start in September 2018. The position is contingent upon award.
- Develop a comprehensive communications strategy to enable sharing of information and ideas with both internal and external audiences.
- Assist in identifying and engaging new audiences and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design, development, and updating of training materials.
- Organize and manage details, logistics, coordination, and outreach for large and small events; support messaging and outreach around events, ensuring that discussions are engaging and participant-relevant.
- Work with technical experts and other staff to write, edit, and prepare content for publication in various media including printed reports, web pages, web articles, digital stories, webinars, etc.
- Design and facilitate quarterly webinars on DRG technical topics.
- Support outreach to Missions and implementing partners to facilitate engagement in training activities and the larger community of practice.
- International travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (communications, journalism, media, international development, etc.); Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of communications experience, at least 3 of which were in international development. Master’s degree may substitute for 2 years of experience.
- Demonstrated success in developing content for print and online marketing collateral.
- Understanding of, and experience with, leading community engagement, both online and in-person.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Experience editing and writing on international development issues; understanding of USAID processes and Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance issues highly desired.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly.
- Experience working with USAID or USAID-funded activities is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting training, organizational development, and/or adult learning programs preferred.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.