ZemiTek is currently recruiting for an Engineer (at 32 hours per week) in support of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3).
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 10 years professional experience in the international development field. Secret level clearance required to perform duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares guidance materials for USAID officers in the development and oversight of projects ranging from the construction of schools, health clinics, and roads to power plants and water treatment plants.
- Develops and delivers training for new Foreign Service Officers and Civil Service engineers on USAID policies and procedures related to engineering and construction.
- Develops complementary materials in hard copy and for inclusion on the E3’s Energy and Infrastructure (E&I) website in the form of Frequently Asked Questions and other guidance materials.
- Mentors new Engineering Officers and assists in the development of their Individual Learning and Training Plans (ILTPs) and initial assignments.
- Provides advice to E3/E&I and the engineers on appropriate contracting approaches for engineering and construction work.
- Carries out knowledge management duties for E3/E&I’s Engineering Services Team.
- Assists in the development of a well-trained team of engineers in USAID/Washington and in the field as USAID.
- Provides field support to Missions in conjunction or coordination with field-based engineers as part of their mentoring program as part of the effort to develop the Engineering Services Team as a center of excellence for the Agency on engineering and construction issues.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
ZemiTek offers highly competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
ZemiTek is a Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
ZemiTek, LLC is a Woman-Owned, SBA-certified 8(a) Small Disadvantage Business (SDB) based in the Washington, DC metro area. We have a strong record delivering innovative and high-quality solutions. Since 2007, ZemiTek has provided technical assistance, project management, information technology (IT), knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, training and learning development, and institutional support services.