Scope Global – People Focused Programs
The Kiribati Facility is a key investment of the Australian Government in Kiribati, comprising of the Skills for Employment Program (SfEP) and the Flexible Support Facility (FSF). The SfEP supports the development of a capable, qualified and mobile I-Kiribati workforce, and focuses on developing the Kiribati Institute of Technology (KIT) as a demand-driven training provider catering for domestic, regional and international labour markets and aligning the source, level and rigour of qualifications accordingly.
About the opportunity:
The role of the English Language Long Term Adviser (LTA) is to guide and support the expansion of the KIT English Language Department and the development of a KIT English Language Training and Testing Centre with a key focus on: increasing lecturer capability for teaching in English; strengthening or implementing new assessment tools; enhancing the curriculum to improve lecturer and student understanding, student learning outcomes, and the English communication skills.
A key outcome of this role is to establish an internationally recognised English Training and Testing Centre within the Kiribati Institute of Technology that will be able to support both the English language development for KIT students and lecturers, and the English training and assessment for the emerging labour mobility programs for the region.
• Location: Kiribati
• Contract type: Full-time, fixed term until December 2019. Long Term Adviser, ARF C3
• A relevant post-graduate qualification relating to English Language teaching.
• Demonstrated relevant experience as a language educator and in design and evaluation of language education programs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant ESL teaching and learning strategies, including teacher education methodologies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of TESOL and the strategies used to enhance language understanding and maintenance.
• Experience developing English Language placement and testing tools.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the range of materials and modalities used to teach and develop proficiency in English language, including ICT based materials.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders in a development context.
Visit www.scopeglobal.com/work-with-us/current-job-opportunities to find out more about the role and to submit your online application (upload cover letter and CV, and address the specific selection criteria listed on the system).
Please note that only applications submitted via our online system will be considered.
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for all employees, and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities).
Scope Global is a child safe organisation and will ask all applicants to undergo our child safe recruitment procedures. All employees and representatives must sign and agree to conform to the Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct as a condition of employment/engagement with the organisation.