Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for the Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist position in a USAID funded program in Central Africa; with the position based in a Central African country.
The purpose of the Environmental Policy and Capacity Support Activity is to build capacity for local, national and regional civil society, private sector and governments to identify, prioritize and pursue policy goals and actions that result in biodiversity conservation and reduced deforestation in the countries of Central Africa. In addition, this contract will build strong links between policy, capacity and landscape activities among a broad range of partners, including local and private sector partners and establish or strengthen models that address threats to biodiversity at a large scale.
*Provide strategic guidance and leadership to define and oversee the implementation of the knowledge management and learning (KML) strategy.
*Guide capacity building team to strengthen the capacity of institutional partners and stakeholders at the landscape, provincial and national levels.
*Define and lead the process to identify, evaluate and document best practices in environment, biodiversity conservation, and natural resource management.
*Guide communications team to define and implement a communications plan.
*Engage stakeholders and communities of practice via knowledge management platforms and communications.
* Bachelors and/or advanced degree in biodiversity, natural resource management, education, communications, or related field required;
* At least 7 years of professional experience planning, coordinating and driving capacity development efforts in natural resource management sector required;
* Demonstrated capacity to initiate, coordinate, and facilitate learning among technical staff and stakeholders required;
* Strong writing skills required;
* Experience working with communications and capacity building teams to scale up best practices required;
* Proven ability to manage teams remotely;
* Experience in designing and facilitating learning events desired;
* Outstanding intercultural communications and interpersonal skills desired;
* Fluency in French required;
* Fluency in English preferred;
* Prior experience working on donor funded projects in Central Africa; direct experience in Democratic Republic of Congo or other Central African country preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Employee Biographical Data Sheet (EBD)
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/2sTCf1O
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.