Resonance is currently recruiting for an Enterprise & Partnerships Specialist for a USAID-funded project in Tanzania. The project — the USAID-funded Tanzania Water Resources Integration Development Initiative (WARIDI) — is a five-year project based out of Morogoro, working in up to 20 administrative districts in the Wami-Ruvu and Rufiji river basins. The project seeks to:
- Increase utilization of sustainable multiple-use water and sanitation services;
- Strengthen governance for sustainable and resilient management of water resources and services;
- Increase livelihoods through private sector investment opportunities for sustainable water services and resource management; and
- Strengthen resilience of coastal livelihoods and ecosystems to climate change.
The Enterprise & Partnerships Specialist will be a full-time position, based in the WARIDI project office in Morogoro, Tanzania.
The Enterprise & Partnerships Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Together with the WARIDI-Resonance Enterprise Development Specialist, help manage WARIDI’s training and mentorship program for 250-300 microenterprises in 10 districts. This involves management of logistics, leading a consultant team, organizing and documenting costs and expenses, and coordinating with participants by SMS and phone
- Help oversee and lead training sessions for microenterprises - Three 2-day sessions for 10 groups of 20-30 microenterprises – e.g., local water vendors, hardware stores, pharmacies and medical supply stores, etc. that supply WASH products and services at the community level. Trainings cover marketing and sales, business plan development, and finance and accounting with an emphasis on WASH products and services. The program will also include on-site mentorship and follow up for promising microenterprises.
- Help prepare training and mentorship reports for the microenterprise program
- Help coordinate and lead microenterprise mentorship activities
- Help facilitate microenterprise access to finance
- Help manage 1-2 private sector partnership projects, communicating regularly with all partners, coordinating activities against the partnership work plan, and guiding fieldwork and local government/stakeholder (e.g., LGA or COWSO) participation as needed.
- Work with the project team to monitor and evaluate results from the partnership activities and enterprise support program
- As requested/needed, perform other tasks to support project partnership and enterprise development activities
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited university;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in the fields of microenterprise or SME development, acting as a trainer/mentor, in private sector development and partnership development, and/or in project and program management in Tanzania;
- A demonstrated understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing microenterprises and SMEs in Tanzania;
- Experience facilitating investment and providing business development support to microenterprises / SMEs preferred;
- Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines;
- Experience designing capacity building events and facilitating training sessions for a variety of audiences;
- Willingness to travel up to 30% time;
- Native or bi-lingual proficiency in written and spoken English and Swahili;
- Eligibility to work in Tanzania
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and the names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Tanzania Enterprise & Partnerships Specialist” in the email subject line, and save CV as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’ (e.g., Smith_Jane.pdf). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.