Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is seeking an Environment and Natural Resources Associate or Senior Associate, specializing in marine and coastal management.
This specialist (either an Associate or a Senior Associate, depending upon experience) will join Tetra Tech IDS’s Environment & Natural Resources (ENR) Sector, and will help further grow our Marine and Coastal Management Practice area, working on strategy formulation, program implementation and new business development. It is essential that candidates have expertise in marine and coastal management issues and demonstrate prior success with new business development, proposal writing, and contract management in either the non-profit or for-profit field of international development.
This position is based in either Arlington, VA or Burlington, VT. Note this position is not for immediate placement.
* Identify, pursue, strategize and lead growth and diversification efforts focused on marine and coastal management in developing countries
* Develop and promote best practices and new approaches that improve marine and coastal management through writing position papers, identifying prospective clients and coordinating marketing efforts
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance to projects, and to provide management and training support to project field staff
* Represent Tetra Tech IDS to clients in the US and developing countries
* Provide coverage for project management and contract oversight and management (periodically in the field), and strong financial management oversight
* Provide technical advice and solutions to proposal development and projects in other Tetra Tech IDS sectors
* Minimum of Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in marine and fisheries sciences, climate change, business administration or other related fields
* Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including at least 3 years overseas with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations
* Previous experience working with USAID, Bilateral or Multilateral agency experience required
* Demonstrated excellence and qualifications in marine and coastal management or related field (e.g., sustainable fisheries, biodiversity conservation, public private sector experience, community based natural resources management, sociology, human rights, resource economics, climate change adaptation, environmental compliance and management
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field - with strong written, oral, and presentation skills
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget
* Working proficiency in either French or Spanish
* Ability to travel up to 40% domestically and internationally
* Able to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech offers a full range of benefits. Please follow this link to learn more: http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.