Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in
developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 90 projects in 40 countries and revenues of over $140 million.
Environmental Consultant, Washington DC
We are currently seeking a short
term environmental consultant to
research, conceptualize and draft an Initial Environmental Evaluation (IEE) and Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (EMMP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Haiti. This multi-year, non-emergency program will be a follow-on to ACDI/VOCA’s current Multi-Year Assistance Program (MYAP) in the Southeast of Haiti. The new program will be integrated with USAID strategies to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity. The program’s ultimate goal is “to reduce food insecurity, prevent malnutrition, and increase resiliency in vulnerable rural households in Haiti.” The program will focus on strengthening livelihoods, improving health and nutrition among pregnant and lactating women and children under two, and improving institutions and communities’ abilities to respond to shocks as part of the program’s early warning system.
ACDI/VOCA is required to submit an Initial Environmental
Evaluation (IEE) with its proposals. Short term technical assistance is required to develop the IEE and EMMP for the Haiti proposal. The purpose of the IEE/EMMP is to identify environmental impacts of proposed activities and mitigation measures to remove or reduce the anticipated impact.
- Assume responsibility for the IEE/EMMP for the Haiti
- Review existing background research for Haiti
and conduct additional research as necessary to complete the IEE.
- Review technical proposal draft developed by
ACDI/VOCA’s technical writer, identify the potential environmental impacts of proposed MYAP activities, and suggest mitigation measures to remove or reduce
- Draft the Title II IEE/EMMP, using the format
provided by Food for Peace.
- Describe costs for environmental mitigation
measures for relevant technical sectors – broken out in such a way that if activities change then costs can be adjusted accordingly.
- Given the emphasis on gender and youth in the
Title II guidance, consider how program activities and environmental impacts and mitigations will impact vulnerable populations, especially women and youth.
- Effective record of writing environmental compliance reports including IEE, EMMP and Environmental Mitigation Plans (EMP) is required, preferably in the context of proposal writing or project planning.
- Proven experience conducting initial environmental assessments is required.
- Experience related to integrated rural development with experience developing and transitioning countries preferred, but not required for the position
- Prior experience with USAID environmental requirements required; experience with Food for Peace is preferred.
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a
resume to http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5556C361D43515B7E59192F77561C6305627A4B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities
encouraged to apply. EOE