Tetra Tech EC is a part of the Tetra Tech team and we offer site cleanup and restoration services to help our clients increase the value of their real property – whether for redevelopment, property transfer, or creating a healthier environment.
We are currently looking for an Environmental Safety Manager to join our team to work on domestic and international projects!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide safety oversight of field operations.
- Ensure compliance with site specific health and safety plans.
- Monitor project execution to ensure conformance with corporate procedures.
- Maintain communication with clients and customer representatives to ensure satisfaction and to monitor supplemental work requirements.
- Prepare and submit safety paperwork/reports as required by the company and/or clients.
- Conduct safety related inspections to ensure members’ safety and compliance.
- Prepare Zip Slips, Near Miss, and other applicable reports as necessary.
- Conduct and/or implement safety training as required by the company and/or clients.
- Ensure all field efforts and activities meet the Work Plan and the Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
- Participate in routine safety briefings and meetings.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree or Technical degree from an accredited institution with a focus in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Health Physics, Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Must meet the SSHO requirements for EM 385-1-1.
- 4-10 years of applicable experience.
- OSHA DOL 30-hours.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER.
- 8-hour Hazardous Waste Supervisor Certification.
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), Certified Hazardous Material Practitioner (CHMP), and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred.
- Ability to travel and work domestically and internationally for various periods of time.
- Must possess a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Must be eligible for a US Security Clearance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com for more information on our company and to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.