Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently looking for an Environmental Subject Matter Expert (ESME) to join our growing team to work on an international project in Afghanistan.
The ESME may be assigned as a USFOR-A Environmental Area Manager in support of a Regional Command.
- Provide safety oversight of field operations.
- Develop Environmental Condition Reports (ECR).
- Perform ESCS assessments.
- Assist Environmental Officers.
- Conduct environmental training.
- Coordinate with USFOR-A AND ASG-A and the Logistics Civilian Augmentation Program (LOGCAP).
- Provide Site Manager support to a Site Team to ensure there is adequate support to manage Environmental Corrective Actions when needed.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or Technical degree in Engineering or Science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience conducting environmental assessments such as Environmental Site Closure Survey (ESCS) assessments, Environmental Condition Reports (ECR), etc.
- Experience in POL soil remediation, Underground Storage Tanks and Aboveground Storage Tank removal.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER.
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), Certified Hazardous Material Practitioner (CHMP), and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred.
- Ability to travel and work domestically and internationally for various periods of time.
- Must possess a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Must be eligible for a US Security Clearance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.