Qualifications and skills
- Master Degree in Natural Resources Biology, Ecology, Environmental Sciences or other areas relevant to the profile
General professional experience
- At least 12 years experience in the sector relevant to the profile
Specific professional experience
- Quantification of ecosystems’ service provision and losses
- Waste management and recycling
- Strategies for environmental protection and in particular community based environmental management, and incentives for conservation
- Mainstreaming climate change and environmental protection in legal, policy and regulatory frameworks
- International environmental agreement
- Environmental Strategic Assessments
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Experience in the SADC Region and/or African Countries
Experience in the following areas is considered an asset:
- Experience with organisations responsible for environmental management
- Experience in the SADC Region and/or other African countries
About the Organization
At WYG, our vision is clear: To inspire our clients and our people to create positive change through our imagination and expertise. Resourceful, confident and authentic, we promise unique solutions, and we deliver every time. The qualities we share help us match the impact of far bigger consultancies - from client focus and collaborative spirit, to strategic and ethical thinking.
As a leading socio-economic and technical consultancy, we help to improve the quality of life for people from Central and Eastern Europe to Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
WYG International is a leading international development consultancy, catalyzing change in societies to improve the quality of life of people throughout the world. Our projects are donor funded and support economic and social reform, wealth creation, good governance and the rule of law, as well as delivering improvements to the built environment and infrastructure.