Requisition ID: req621
Job Title: ERP QA Analyst
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. IRC teams provide health care, infrastructure, learning and economic support to people in 40 countries, with special programs designed for women and children. Every year, the IRC resettles thousands of refugees in 22 U.S. cities. Learn more at Rescue.org and follow the IRC on Twitter & Facebook.
The IRC is looking for an ERP Quality Assurance Analyst who has experience with web-based application testing and ERP systems, particularly Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. It is a long term three years QA position. The ERP QA Analyst will be responsible for developing and documenting formal test strategies and test plans, and will lead all testing activities relating to our ERP system. This role is expected to stay in close collaboration with the core project team to understand the system and user requirements, translate them into test suites and test cases, and manage the testing scope. The role will need to perform hands on testing as well as define and track quality assurance metrics to ensure system adheres to quality testing standards and procedures.
The key attributes needed in this position include strong multi-tasking, detail-orientation, fast-learning, and self-organizing skills as well as expertise with the software development life cycle and knowledge of quality assurance methodologies. The candidate is expected to do hands on testing on an ERP DS 365 system by identifying creating, and executing complex use case scenarios from user requirements following standard QA methodologies.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Lead all testing efforts for our cloud based MS Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
* Define, determine, and document testing methodologies and test strategies for the ERP project.
* Ensure all testing is planned, executed and delivered in accordance with industry best practices, and to our quality standards, while meeting tight deadlines.
* Translate business, technical, and functional requirements into detailed test plans, test suites and test cases, and execute test scenarios that would guarantee maximum coverage.
* Be an integral part of the project core team in providing data, functional, integration, performance, and regression, testing.
* Proactively identify bugs, seek resolution and maintain testing schedule.
* Track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results, and test statuses.
* Ensure all identified risks from testing are escalated and mitigated appropriately.
* With hands-on testing, detect, isolate, reproduce, track defects, and verify fixes.
* Lead and set standards for junior team members to achieve high quality work.
* Test and regression test ERP modules for conference room pilots and integral conference room pilot tests’ readiness.
* Recommend when automation should be introduce in the project; and take a lead on providing automation test candidates.
Key Working Relationships:
* Position Reports to: Senior Quality Assurance Manager
* Position directly supervises: Non-managerial position
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
* Internal: Business Analysts and Project Management team and other IRC departments as needed
* External: Contracted QA resources
* 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience on web-based applications, functional, and ERP systems
* Automation experience
* Performance and Load Testing experience
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
* Testing experience with MS Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
* Understanding of full software development life cycle methodology
* Experience writing test plans, test suites, and test cases for ERP systems
* Experience with conference room pilots and integrated conference room pilot testing
* Hands on testing experience in a complex, fast paced, highly results oriented environment
* Experience with identifying, creating, and executing functional, integrational, and regression test cases
* Experience using Jira and Assembla for bug management
* Excellent organization and prioritization skills
* Experience with performance and load testing
* Extremely detail oriented
* Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
* Self-motivated and a problem solver
* Fast and independent learner
Preferred Additional Qualifications
* Automation experience with Selenium or any other Microsoft Dynamics 365 automation tool
* Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Financials
* Dynamics AX 2012 Projects
* Dynamics AX 2012 Trade and Logistics
* Above equivalent certifications for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
* Familiarity with Accounting/Finance and Supply Chain terms and concepts is preferred
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
* Intercultural competence
* The position will be based in the New York City Headquarters location and is expected to be on-site, but will have the flexibility to work from home.
* Standard office work environment.