Job Title: ERP Training Specialist - Field
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Location: USA-New York, NY - USP
IRC is currently engaged in a project to implement an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Management system across Finance, Supply Chain and Grants Management functions in all IRC locations. This project will retire a number of existing systems, bringing them in to a cloud based Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment.
The IT department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure of the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world. An integral component of this effort is ensuring users have the knowledge and training needed to utilize our business systems effectively.
The IT department:
The IT Department is part of the IRC’s Operations and Strategy Unit and supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure of the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world. An integral component of this effort is ensuring users have the knowledge and training needed to utilize our business systems effectively.
The purpose of the role:
The Enterprise Resource Planning Field Training Specialist will work closely with the IT Training Manager and the ERP Change Management Team to guide the design, delivery, and rollout of global end-user training for the IRC’s new ERP system, and related business process changes. He/she will guide in the selection and application of appropriate training mediums; including on-site, e-learning and remote webinar sessions. He/she will also support the design of dynamic learning materials tailored for IRC global staff and conduct employee training assessments to help inform materials design and delivery methods. Application of proven adult education principles and theory will be required in the design of all training activities.
A key aspect of this role will be to serve as an integral member of the ERP Change Management team, and an enthusiastic Change Champion for the ERP roll out throughout the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Work independently (and with subject matter experts) to understand IRC business processes and functional roles, as they relate to ERP and MS Dynamics 365.
* Development of ERP training rollout plan, based on established training strategy.
* Develop training materials, and conduct training throughout ERP deployment and rollout.
* Conduct and support ERP ‘Train-the-Trainer’ sessions to global SME’s.
* Develop and oversee production of classroom set up, instructional materials and job aids.
* Administer post-training continued education sessions, including 1:1 and group sessions.
* Create and maintain self-directed eLearning tutorials on system applications and processes.
* Create and update training reference guides in light of product or process changes.
* Provide feedback to learners and to Sr. Manager, IT Training throughout the training process.
* Conduct post-training analysis to determine training effectiveness.
* Maintain successful training delivery satisfaction statistics to drive program success.
* Requires travel to US and international offices.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* 3-6 years of combined progressive facilitation and instructional design experience.
* 3-6 years of global training development and delivery experience
* Strong writing and training materials development skills
* Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* A passion for adult education and teaching.
* Experience in leading formal training sessions for global audiences.
* Ability to constantly learn and adapt to new technologies.
* Ability to communicate and build effective working relationships across a diverse groups of people and departments.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations (or other enterprise systems).
* Experience with CRM and / or Supply Chain Management systems.
* Fluency in French or Arabic a plus (but not required).
* Experience with Office 365, Box and Content Management Systems.
* Standard office working environment
* International travel as needed (up to 100% of the time during deployment)
About the Organization
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 27 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.