Reporting to the Managing Director of Planned Giving, the Estates Manager oversees the tracking and processing of all estate gifts received by UNICEF USA. The estates program is a busy one with continued growth predicted over the next few years. Careful oversight of all aspects of the estates’ settlement process is essential to ensure that distributions are received in a timely manner and surviving family members are thanked.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Reviews all estate documents, including wills, trusts, and legal correspondence to determine UNICEF USA’s interests. Flags potential estate settlement issues for Managing Director.
- Monitors estate activity from notification through final distributions.
- Prepares all correspondence and requests for information and secures signatures in a timely manner.
- Processes estate distributions.
- Maintains estate expectancies spreadsheet and updates UNICEF USA’s donor database.
- Analyzes estate giving patterns.
- Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; law degree strongly preferred
- Previous relevant work experience
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail
- Must possess a strong work ethic, and be a motivated, enthusiastic team player who embraces the mission of UNICEF USA
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA’s core values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.