Deputy Chief of Party – USAID Ethiopia HIS
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (HIS) project. The expected purpose of the project is to improve the collection and use of high-quality routine information in the health sector and contribute to improved quality, efficiency and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels.
The DCOP will be responsible for the administrative leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee a sizable long-term team as well as short-term experts in achieving project results. Other responsibilities include:
• Establishing project administrative policies and procedures in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and DAI policy.
• Overseeing all financial and administrative matters, including the recruiting and managing of financial and administrative staff
• Serving as the Chief of Party’s advisor on all contractual and financial matters with USAID and subcontractors.
• Evaluating the performance of the program activities and prepare regular progress reports detailing program results against strategic objective and intermediate result indicators
• Recommending to the Chief of Party additional methods of identifying and assessing program impact
• Coordinating the identification, approval, hiring, and mobilization of STTA
• Acting as Chief of Party as necessary.
• An advanced degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics or relevant field.
• Ten years experience in overseeing complex development programs, previous USAID project management experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working with senior-level host-country counterparts.
• Ability to work and quickly adapt in a complex environment.
• Strong training, communications and personnel management skills.
• Ethiopian national strongly preferred
• Fluency in Amharic and English
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2018. Please include Ethiopia HIS in the subject line with your submission. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the OrganizationDAI delivers development. We do it in many of the world's most demanding environments, by integrating a broad range of disciplines. Over 40 years, our employee owners have built a forward-looking company — one that combines innovative thinking, deep technical knowledge, and professional project management. We approach our work with passion, analytical rigor, and open minds. By freely sharing what we learn, we have built a reputation as thought leaders who translate good ideas into action and action into results. Our global team of 1,500 development professionals welcomes each opportunity to solve a new problem, no matter how difficult. That's how DAI has earned the trust of the clients, partners, and people who work alongside us all over the world.
DAI Advancing Human Prosperity SM