KM and Comms Specialist – USAID Ethiopia HIS
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI seeks a Knowledge Management and Communications (KM and Comms) Specialist for an anticipated USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (HIS) project. The expected purpose of the project is to improve the collection and use of high-quality routine information in the health sector and contribute to improved quality, efficiency and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels.
The KM and Comms Specialist will be responsible for the leadership and in-country management of the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning activities. Responsibilities include:
- Work with technical staff across the project’s office to promote knowledge capture, dissemination, and utilization to promote program cohesion and internal/external communication
- Provide Chief of Party with regular program updates and summaries on program successes for a wide audience
- Recommend to the MEL Advisor best approaches to showcase program impact to USAID, local counterparts and the public
- Work with MEL Advisor to capture and feature program successes in innovative and compelling ways
- Work with MEL Advisor and DCOP to draft regular program updates for USAID reporting (quarterly and annual reports)
- Train technical staff (as needed) on KM best practice and story-telling.
- Responsible for updating all communications tools and products (program brochures, newsletters, success stories, website, and social media platforms)
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, knowledge management, international development, or relevant field.
- 5-7 years of experience in designing, leading, and implementing KM & Comms activities on complex development programs (USAID-funded preferred)
- Ability to work and quickly adapt in a complex environment
- Ability to respond to pressure and deliver quality products on-time
- Strong communications and data visualization skills.
- Demonstrated experience using communications tools to demonstrate impact
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in Amharic and English
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2018. Please include Ethiopia HIS in the subject line with your submission. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the OrganizationDAI delivers development. We do it in many of the world's most demanding environments, by integrating a broad range of disciplines. Over 40 years, our employee owners have built a forward-looking company — one that combines innovative thinking, deep technical knowledge, and professional project management. We approach our work with passion, analytical rigor, and open minds. By freely sharing what we learn, we have built a reputation as thought leaders who translate good ideas into action and action into results. Our global team of 1,500 development professionals welcomes each opportunity to solve a new problem, no matter how difficult. That's how DAI has earned the trust of the clients, partners, and people who work alongside us all over the world.
DAI Advancing Human Prosperity SM