MEL Advisor – USAID Ethiopia HIS
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor for an anticipated USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (HIS) project. The expected purpose of the project is to improve the collection and use of high-quality routine information in the health sector and contribute to improved quality, efficiency and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels.
The MEL Advisor will be responsible for the leadership and in-country management of the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning activities. Responsibilities include:
- Establishing project MEL Plan in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and DAI policy.
- Work with technical staff to measure the effectiveness of the HIS program in real-time and flag areas in need of attention
- Provide Chief of Party’s regular updates on program performance and indicator results
- Assist in evaluating the performance of the program activities and prepare regular progress reports detailing program results against strategic objective and intermediate result indicators
- Recommend to the Chief of Party additional methods of identifying and assessing program impact
- Work with KM & Communications Specialist to capture and feature program successes in innovative and compelling ways.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, international development, social sciences, statistics or other relevant field.
- 5-7 years of experience in designing, leading, and implementing M&E activities on complex development programs (USAID-funded preferred)
- Ability to work and quickly adapt in a complex environment.
- Strong data management, analysis, and visualization skills.
- Experience using latest data visualization tools to demonstrate impact
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ethiopian national preferred
- Fluency in Amharic and English
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a CV to email@example.com by June 30, 2018. Please include Ethiopia HIS in the subject line with your submission. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.