Democracy International (DI) is seeking a qualified team leader for a short term evaluation project in Ghana. USAID/Ghana seeks to conduct a performance evaluation of its Accountable Democratic Institutions and Systems Strengthening (ADISS) Program. The program aims to support the ongoing efforts of and increase the capacity of anti-corruption Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Ghana. The program supports the CSOs in motivating citizens to apply pressure to policy makers and institutions in an effort to reduce corruption in Ghana. This evaluation will identify the successes of the program, evaluate achieved results compared to program indicators, and distill lessons for future programming in the region.
- In conjunction with Democracy International, conduct document review and produce initial desk study and evaluation design;
- Manage a team of local subject matter experts and logistician during data collection in the field;
- Conduct in briefs and out briefs with USAID Mission representatives and other key stakeholders;
- Draft initial evaluation report on the ADISS program, respond to comments from Mission and prepare the final report; and
- Ensure efficient performance for all aspects of this contract, oversee quality control and reporting, and interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy, and Government of Ghana officials.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in social and economic development or related field, a Ph.D. is strongly preferred;
- At least twelve years of relevant evaluation work experience if holder of a master’s degree, or eight years of relevant work experience if holder of a PhD;
- Demonstrated record of successfully supervising local experts and producing high-quality analytical reports;
- Strong analytical skills to collect, analyze, and synthesize data;
- Experience with anti-corruption, governance, and rule of law projects required;
- Experience working in Ghana preferred;
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Strong team management and supervisory skills;
- Experience working with a range of government officials, donors, local NGOs, and academia;
- Fluency in English required;
- Demonstrated success in working with a cross-cultural team; and
- Strong technical English writing and communication skills.
Interested candidates should apply via Democracy International’s Website. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that DI’s recruitment for this position is contingent upon award.
Please note that the solicitation for this project has not yet been released. DI will contact candidates upon solicitation release.
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services, project implementation, and monitoring and evaluation for democracy, human rights, governance, conflict mitigation, and other programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department, and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries. DI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the OrganizationDemocracy International, Inc. (DI) works on democracy and governance (DG) programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other development partners. DI provides analytical services, offers technical assistance, and implements projects across the full range of DG programming, including:
Election Management and Administration
International and Domestic Election Monitoring
Political Party Development
Local Government and Decentralization
Legislative and Institutional Strengthening
Civil Society Development and Advocacy
Voter and Civic Education
Rule of Law
The firm has extensive experience with analytical services, including assessments, evaluations, project designs, democracy assistance studies, survey research, and strategic communications. DI is based in the United States and is an SBA-registered small business.
Over the past decade, Democracy International has worked in more than 40 countries and in all regions of the world. Since 1985, DI’s principals have advised and worked with election management bodies, civil society and election-monitoring organizations, political parties, legislatures, government agencies, and others in more than 70 countries.
Democracy International has worked extensively with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) as well as with other donor agencies, intergovernmental organizations, international NGOs, and consulting firms. The firm is a prime holder of USAID indefinite quantity contracts for Democracy and Governance Analytical Services (DGAS) and Elections and Political Processes (EPP). DI also holds the GSA schedule for Mission Oriented Business Integrated Service (MOBIS). In addition, DI is a subcontractor on USAID IQCs for Building Reform through Democratic Governance (BRDG) and Instability, Crisis and Recovery Programs (ICRP) as well as on USAID/Egypt’s Regional Democracy Initiative (REDI).