Democracy International (DI) is seeking a qualified team leader for a short term evaluation project in Morocco. USAID/Morocco seeks to conduct a performance evaluation of its Civil Society Strengthening Program (CSSP). Acting as a platform to facilitate dialogue and exchange, CSSP encourages greater collaboration between civil society organizations (CSOs) and different governmental and institutional actors. The program supports Moroccan CSOs in their policy advocacy efforts, accompanied by technical assistance in developing their constituent networks, forming effective coalitions, and developing sound policy recommendations. CSSP is also providing technical support to members of the government to improve the legal and regulatory framework governing civil society. This evaluation will identify the successes of the program, evaluate achieved results compared to program indicators, and distill lessons for future programming in the region.
- Conduct document review and produce initial desk study and evaluation design;
- Manage a team of local subject matter experts and logistician during data collection in the field;
- Conduct in briefs and out briefs with USAID Mission representatives and other key stakeholders;
- Draft initial evaluation report on the CSSP program, respond to comments from Mission and prepare the final report; and
- Ensure efficient performance for all aspects of this contract, oversee quality control and reporting, and interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy, and Government of Morocco officials.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in social and economic development or related field, a Ph.D. is strongly preferred;
- At least twelve years of relevant evaluation work experience if holder of a master’s degree, or eight years of relevant work experience if holder of a PhD;
- Demonstrated record of successfully supervising local experts and producing high-quality analytical reports;
- Strong analytical skills to collect, analyze, and synthesize data;
- Experience with civil society capacity programming required;
- Experience working in Morocco preferred;
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Strong team management and supervisory skills;
- Experience working with a range of government officials, donors, local NGOs, and academia;
- Fluency in English required;
- Proficiency in French or Arabic strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated success in working with a cross-cultural team; and
- Strong technical English writing and communication skills.
Interested candidates should apply via Democracy International’s Website. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that DI’s recruitment for this position is contingent upon award.
Please note that the solicitation for this project has not yet been released. DI will contact candidates upon solicitation release.
About the Organization
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services, project implementation, and monitoring and evaluation for democracy, human rights, governance, conflict mitigation, and other programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department, and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries. DI is an equal opportunity employer.