Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. Banyan Global is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is seeking a full-time Evaluation and Learning Practice Leader to join Banyan Global’s growing Evaluation and Learning practice and to support its overall project implementation and proposal activities. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in performance monitoring; performance and impact evaluations; qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis; collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA); and training and/or capacity building. A master’s degree and experience on USAID-funded projects, especially MEL platforms and projects, is preferred.
- Provide oversight and high-level technical support for on-going evaluations and performance monitoring, learning, and capacity building activities in the field.
- Supervise and/or manage task order activities under the USAID EVAL ME IDIQ and the Department of State Performance Management and Evaluation Services IDIQ as well as other MEL contracts, including management of consortium members and consultants.
- Design and implement performance and/or impact evaluations of international development projects.
- Lead the conceptualization of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analytical methods to support evaluation design and implementation.
- Manage and coordinate the overall approach to performance monitoring including the design and development of Mission-level performance management plans and program-level MEL plans, including the development of a results/logical framework, theory of change and corresponding set of performance indicators.
- Manage standards of data quality, integrity, precision, validity, reliability and timeliness related to monitoring and evaluation processes, per USAID standards and regulations.
- Lead collaborating, learning and adapting activities to maximize impact on projects.
- Design and facilitate training workshops on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) topics for local staff, USAID missions and key stakeholders.
- Provide M&E support, as needed, on Banyan Global’s active programs across the health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, and youth practice areas.
- Lead new business development efforts for evaluation and learning proposals.
- Represent Banyan Global at monitoring and evaluation conferences and learning events.
- Serve as key liaison with USAID and other donors on evaluation and learning activities.
- Synthesize complex technical issues for presentation to diverse stakeholders and audiences.
- Supervise the evaluation and learning team.
- Travel to project locations to oversee and participate in evaluation activities.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience designing and leading performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities for international development projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing USAID-funded evaluation-related projects.
- Significant experience in proposal development for USAID projects.
- Demonstrated experience in mixed methods design, qualitative and quantitative data collection, statistical analysis, and the application of participatory research methods.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with USAID’s Evaluation Policy and CLA framework.
- Experience designing USAID Performance Management Plans, and indicator development.
- Experience designing, managing and leading performance and/or impact evaluations.
- Strong statistical and quantitative research skills.
- Prior experience organizing and leading monitoring, evaluation, and data collection training workshops.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
- Proven track record in new business development and proposal writing.
- Advanced degree in relevant field.
- Ability to travel internationally for short-term consultancies.
- English fluency required, additional language skills a plus.
Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Deadline for submissions is July 12, 2019. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).