M4ID is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Evaluation and Programme Manager for our multi-disciplinary initiatives aiming to improve the development and health outcomes of underserved and vulnerable communities globally.
This position provides a unique opportunity to shape an emerging field of M&E, bring technical and coordination skills to projects employing new approaches in public health, and to working together with a dedicated, creative and fast paced team committed to making the world a better place.
For this position, M4ID is looking for a passionate, self-driven professional to develop and manage a new model to monitor and capture the impact of design and creative projects in this field. The Manager will moreover support M4ID’s design and creative team in programme planning, design, implementation as well as coordinating, managing and providing technical expertise for initiatives in East Africa and South-East Asia. The successful candidate will bring robust knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, strong programme management expertise, experience in public health in low resource settings, excellent interpersonal skills, an open, curious mindset and a positive can-do attitude to a fast-paced, creative work environment.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation framework/model tailored for design lead approaches to development and health, contribute to and shape global discourse and thinking in this realm.
- Develop and manage project monitoring and evaluations plans with M4ID team.
- Design documentation and knowledge sharing methods, means of capturing and reporting lessons learned
- Facilitate periodic reflection meetings with project and partner staff to review project data, identify challenges with implementation and monitoring, and plan for corrective adjustment.
- Identify, build and liaise with M&E teams, public health organisations, research partners in countries, formalization of partnerships, ensuring activities are carried out as planned.
- Project based operational planning, coordination and management and overseeing delivery of results, in accordance with the project budget, work plans and project milestones.
- Coordination of project activities together with the design and communication team and in country stakeholders, including civil society, project partners and government stakeholders.
- Set up project coordination tools and communication channels to enable effective collaboration
- Manage regular and high quality communication, updates and reporting to project partners, donors, M4ID management and project stakeholders.
- Monitor project expenditures and disbursements to ensure effective utilization of funds in line with financial and operation guidelines.
- Participate in and support the project design and creative work phases with technical expertise.
- Organize workshops and meetings between key partners, advisory boards and other project parties.
- Coordinate travel and logistical issues related to activities in East Africa, including setting up collaborative spaces as appropriate.
- Support the development of recommendations for scalability of service models and concepts
- Support Ethical Clearance processes needed.
- Stay abreast of the public health sector, particularly maternal newborn health, sexual and reproductive health related research and policies as well as the health sector developments in project countries and apply these to the projects.
- Lead the dissemination of outcomes, results, findings at meetings, conferences and through publications
The Evaluation and Programme Manager will report to the Programme Coordinator.
- Dedication and passion for development and health, with an emphasis on maternal and child health, sexual and reproductive health
- Postgraduate degree in public health, social or behavioral sciences, development or other related fields
- Understanding of user-centred design and creative communication and interest in developing innovating methods to measure the impact of these methods
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience executing monitoring and evaluation, working on programmes in low-income countries, preferably in the field of MNC /adolescents/family planning with academic and/or programme/policy experience
- Proven experience in project management and programme coordination
- Prior experience working in Kenya or India and knowledge of national SRHR programmes and policies is highly desirable
- Preferable knowledge in Ethical Approval process
- Excellent English verbal and written communication as well as strong presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to new approaches and to thrive and succeed in a creative, fast paced, agile environment
- A reliable and positive team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel internationally
This is a full time, 24-month fixed term position based in Helsinki, Finland.
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter including your salary expectation to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Evaluation and Programme Manager’ by the 29th of September 2017.
About the Organization
M4ID is a social impact company with a mission to improve the development and health outcomes of underserved and vulnerable populations. M4ID provides human-centred design and creative communication solutions for global development and health challenges.
Together with our wide network of partners, M4ID delivers projects across Asia, Africa, the Americas and Europe. In addition to working with Foundations, UN agencies, governments, public health partners, national civil society and social innovation groups, M4ID also independently researches and develops new service concepts, filling innovation gaps in women's and children health.