EnCompass LLC is currently seeking an Evaluation Associate to join our expanding Technical Assistance and Evaluation team in our Rockville office. The Evaluation Associate provides proactive, customer-focused administrative, programmatic and technical support to the Technical Assistance and Evaluation practice area.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Assist senior team members in the range of technical assistance and evaluation activities, including:
- Support the proposal development process: recruitment, background research, supporting technical proposal meetings
- Conduct background research on a variety of project-related topics, and synthesize results verbally and in writing
- Maintain excellent communications with EnCompass’ business partners and consultants
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding consultants; track consultant agreements and provide them with appropriate support
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Master’s Degree in international relations, evaluation, public health, social sciences, or other related fields
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in international work, preferably with a focus on M&E or technical assistance.
Experience and Skills
- Strong qualitative and/or quantitative evaluation skills, including knowledge of and experience using data analysis software such as TI, dedoose, R, SPSS or others
- Strong technical and general writing skills and fluency in English
- Self-motivated, attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Flexibility in adjusting to client needs and project requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Experience working in a developing country a plus
- Fluency in languages other than English highly desirable
- Experience working in health, HIV, education, democracy and governance, or gender equality highly desirable
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Apply for this position
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.