About the Program
The Myanmar Education Quality Improvement Program (My-EQIP) is a joint initiative of the Governments of Myanmar and Australia. My-EQIP is helping the Ministry of Education (MoE) build a system that collects and analyses data about the quality of education in Myanmar. That data will be used to improve the Ministry’s policy development, decision-making and efficient use of increased funding for education.
The goal of My-EQIP is to contribute to more efficient, effective and inclusive service delivery and teaching to improve access, completion and learning for boys and girls across Myanmar.
The Evaluation Capacity Building Specialist will provide technical advice and support to the My-EQIP ECB team to support the MoE in the development and implementation of planning and M&E systems, at the central and sub-national levels. Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the ECB Specialist will work closely with the My-EQIP Education Specialist and My-EQIP Support Team to support the development of capacity of MoE personnel in planning and M&E systems implementation.
- Provide technical guidance to the My-EQIP ECB team and MoE in designing, developing and implementation planning and M&E systems, promoting a culture of reflection and learning
- Provide technical direction to the development of planning and M&E capacity within MoE to support implementation of the National Education Strategic Plan 2016-21 (NESP) M&E Framework.
- Provide technical direction for a systematic and sustainable approach to capacity building of MoE officials in the development and use of Planning and M&E systems and tools to improve the quality of program planning and M&E (likely through a mix of workshops, training, on-the-job mentoring and guidance).
- Provide technical advice to support the MoE in developing and implementing M&E plans, ensuring that M&E plans support Ministry reporting on higher level standardised National Strategy for the Development of Education Statistics (NSDES) indicators such as NESP, Myanmar Sustainable Development Plan (MSDP) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG4)
- Support the establishment of an M&E Community of Practice within the Ministry of Education.
- Support the integration of ICT and MIS innovation technologies into planning and M&E systems to promote sharing and dissemination of M&E information and evidence.
- Work collaboratively and in a collegiate manner with other My-EQIP Support Team members, technical and operational, to promote synergies across program education quality improvement activities, promoting a positive team spirit.
- Ensure that gender, disability and social inclusion are incorporated into all planning and M&E work.
- Support annual planning, data collection and analysis for My-EQIP Investment M&E, related to planning and M&E systems development, providing advice and support on program-wide M&E, as required.
- Other duties in line with the Position Description, as requested by the Team Leader, Education Specialist, MoE, Cardno or DFAT.
Kindly copy and paste this link to learn more about this role: https://www.cardno.com/media/6094/03072020_pd-my-eqip-ecb-specialist.pdf
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in social sciences or a relevant field, post-graduate qualifications in M&E
- At least 15 years’ experience in designing and implementing M&E frameworks and plans, with prior experience on systems reform initiatives within partner governments, preferably within the ASEAN context.
- High-level interpersonal skills including verbal and written communications skills and an ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to engage at a senior level, build and maintain networks, provide advice and communicate effectively (written and verbal) on sensitive issues with a culturally and professionally diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated analysis and data management skills as well as demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity development approaches and the ability to utilise a range of techniques to increase the confidence, skills and M&E knowledge of partner agencies personnel and team members.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively through a “remote mode” to continually support team members to achieve program M & E objectives from a distance.
- Demonstrated ability to: work in a team; work sensitively in a complex, cross cultural operating environment; nurture productive internal relationships; foster an environment of continuous learning and work effectively under pressure.
How to apply?
Please forward your curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages), the names and contact details of two referees, and a covering letter that addresses each of the criterion listed under the qualifications and experience section to email@example.com including “ECB Specialist – My-EQIP” in the subject line.
Applications close 28 July 2020.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally. At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients and communities thriving.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.