Evaluation Leader - Truth Commission Evaluation, USAID/Colombia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Bogota, Colombia
The Colombia Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity provides USAID/Colombia with technical and advisory services related to the MEL of USAID/Colombia projects and activities. To support this purpose, Panagora Group and its subcontractor Management Systems International (MSI) will provide technical advisory MEL services to the USAID/Colombia Mission. These include: monitoring support services; performance and impact evaluations, studies and assessments. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the long-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission.
MEL will conduct a conduct a performance evaluation of the Social Dialogue of the Colombian Truth, Coexistence, and Non-recurrence Commission (CEV). The purpose of this performance evaluation is to provide useful insights into the process of the social appropriation of the CEV’s legacy performed by the Social Dialog Office of CEV. This evaluation will also provide inputs to both the Commission’s Final Report that will be released in November 2021 and the Committee for Following-up and Monitoring the report recommendations. The evaluation approach includes the construction of indicators for measuring the process of social appropriation of the CEV’s legacy, the development of quantitative and qualitative instruments for measuring effectivity, and perception about the armed conflict and reconciliation. We seek a senior-level Evaluation Leader to lead the evaluation. The following are some of the key responsibilities and requirements for the position.
**Please note: Only Colombian citizens living in Colombia are eligible for this position**
The Evaluation Leader leads the design, work plan, data collections and analysis and report outline of the performance evaluation. The period of performance of this assignment will be from July 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 with 65 days of LOE.
· Lead the performance evaluation design, including the work plan, data collection and analysis methods, the sampling strategy, data collection tools, data analysis plan, and report outline
· Lead and manage the evaluation team
· Serve as the primary contact with USAID counterparts and the CEV
· Oversee data collection and participate in qualitative data collection in targeted municipalities, as needed
· Oversee the quality and timeliness of the survey component implemented by a local firm
· Lead the data analysis and report writing for the performance evaluation
· Lead debriefs and presentations to USAID and the CEV
· Facilitate participatory evaluation methods with the CEV and other key stakeholders to promote collaboration, learning, and adapting
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences or other relevant fields required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum thirteen years of technical experience
· A minimum of three to five years of experience leading teams
· Experience leading evaluations and research studies
· Experience designing mixed-method evaluation methodologies
· Ability to analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data
· Excellent report writing skills
· Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work and manage teams remotely
· Experience in Transitional Justice, Truth, Repair, and Non-Repetition is desirable
· Experience with USAID evaluations preferred
· Intermediate or advance knowledge of written and spoken English and Spanish
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.