Job Title: Evaluation Specialist
Reports To: Chief of Party
Overview: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) is seeking an experienced Evaluation Specialist for the anticipated USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project (MEL) in Madagascar. This is a mission-wide platform that will provide monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) services to USAID/Madagascar and its implementing partners (IPs).
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead design and development of MEL systems and processes, as required to meet USAID/Madagascar objectives;
- Lead all MEL capacity building efforts for USAID, implementing partners, and relevant project MEL and technical staff;
- Provide management and oversight of all data collection efforts related to MEL services, e.g. baseline assessments, performance evaluations, and data quality assessments (DQA);
- Manage standards of data quality, integrity, precision, validity, reliability and timeliness related to monitoring and evaluation processes, per USAID standards and regulations;
- Support assessment and evaluation teams as needed, organizing fieldwork, writing detailed and contractible scopes of work for consulting services, and developing work plans, presentations and reports;
- Support the Chief of Party in representing project team to donor and key stakeholders, including in the preparation of key reports and documents, and in showcasing and presenting findings at conferences and in other international fora;
- Lead analysis of MEL data for internal and external reporting, using dynamic data visualizations.
- Liaise between key stakeholders as necessary;
- Use data and results for learning and adaptive management, in accordance with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) model;
- Manage information transfers between data systems and evaluation teams; and
- Other tasks as directed by the Chief of Party.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 5 years experience developing and supporting MEL plans and processes. May include developing performance monitoring plans, indicator tracking processes and systems, plus surveys and other measurement tools and instruments; planning and managing key evaluative and learning efforts; recruiting and supervising field staff, researchers and consultants; writing detailed and contractible scopes of work: and training staff and enumerators in data collection processes and standards;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of USAID monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) policy and Automated Directives System;
- Excellent analytic skills, oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills;
- Experience with programming focused on health, food security food aid, and/or gender equality is preferred;
- Experience working with USAID’s CLA model and awareness of Knowledge Management theories a plus;
- Experience leading data collection efforts using mobile technologies and GPS mapping a plus; and
- Experience in training others in data collection and management a plus.
- Must have at least five years of experience in design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative inquiry methods and results, preferably with USAID-funded programs; and
- Must be fluent in oral and written English; French fluency highly desirable.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field
Education: Master’s Degree in International Development, Global Affairs, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related fields is required.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory experience
Travel: International Travel is required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.