IMPAQ International is seeking a long-term, full time Evaluation Specialist (Cooperating Country National- BiH Citizenship Required) for a USAID-funded project in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) ending in September 2019. The MEASURE USAID/BiH Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project has two primary objectives: 1) to provide USAID/BiH with technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation and related support services to assist USAID/BiH in effectively monitoring, evaluating, and relaying information about interventions; 2) to build independent, non-partisan public policy analysis capacity in BiH. Additionally, this activity will also help to ensure USAID’s enduring legacy in BiH.
The USAID/BiH MEASURE team is seeking candidates with a proven background in authoring high quality reports. The candidate is thus expected to create and write reports with minimal technical and editorial support. All candidates will be required to submit a writing sample in English as part of the recruitment process. The writing sample can be any document that is exclusively authored by the applicant (i.e. publicly available reports, peer-reviewed papers, dissertations, issue briefs, etc.)
We may consider either part-time or STTA engagement according to applicant preferences an staffing needs.
In the role of Evaluation Specialist, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing methodological and other technical support to the MEASURE-BiH staff, Research Fellows, and MEASURE-BiH local partners in implementing impact and performance evaluations;
- Directing technical support and back-stopping in the design of research proposals, surveys, reports, studies, evaluations, and M&E assistance;
- Leading or co-leading the design and implementation of performance and impact evaluations, surveys, studies, and sector assessments;
- Co-leading and contributing to rigorous evaluation designs, sampling and survey instrument development, and qualitative and quantitative data analysis through advanced statistical/econometric techniques and statistical software such as SPSS and STATA;
- Reviewing, commenting on, and drafting research papers, studies, and reports (evaluation reports, survey reports, etc.)
- Assisting in proposing, designing, and implementing activities to build M&E capacity among public and private sector stakeholders in BiH;
- Cooperating with MEASURE BiH staff, to identify the M&E coaching and training needs of staff, research fellows, and MEASURE-BiH local partners and develop a training plan to address them;
- Providing coaching and on-the-job-training in M&E for MEASURE-BiH staff;
- Work closely with MEASURE-BiH Research Fellows and local partners to strengthen their capacity to conduct evaluations and surveys; prepare and process data; and write reports, studies, policy papers, and research papers;
- Preparing and delivering technical trainings to develop evaluation capacity, specifically in the following areas:
- Impact and performance evaluation design;
- Statistics and statistical sampling;
- Applied quantitative methods and techniques for data processing and analysis;
- Qualitative data collection, processing and analysis;
- Document analysis and literature reviews.
- Master’s Degree required, Ph.D. preferred in relevant subject areas, preferably Economics, Public Policy, International Development, or Business Administration;
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively more experience leading evaluations of international development projects in and providing evaluation capacity building;
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in leading rigorous impact evaluations and implementation studies, statistical and econometric analysis, and survey design and data collection;
- Demonstrated experience in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, database management and/or training in performance management topics;
- Proven experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries;
- Prior utilization of Geographic Information System (GIS), web-based reporting and database management in programmatic monitoring, coordination, and evaluation, a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, quickly and effectively manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate M&E programs;
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong knowledge of USAID evaluation policies;
- Bosnian citizenship required, professional fluency (reading and writing) in English required.
About the Organization
IMPAQ International is a US-based firm providing exemplary research and consulting services to domestic and international clients in the areas of impact evaluation and program evaluation studies, applied research, policy analysis, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and technical assistance. IMPAQ International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).