IBTCI is seeking an Evaluation Specialist in support of the Egyptian-American Enterprise Fund (EAEF) Evaluation. EAEF is a United States Government-funded private entity aimed at promoting financial inclusion and job creation, as well as increasing foreign and domestic investment in Egypt, with a broader target of long-term sustainable economic development. The EAEF’s primary mission is to stimulate the Egyptian private sector by providing access to investment capital and loans, modern technologies and best business practices to SMEs, while also achieving financial profitability. The fund, currently capitalized at $212 million, is led by a board of directors that is primarily comprised of Egyptian-American and Egyptian nationals and advised by Lorax Capital Partners, a financial services institution led by an experienced Egyptian management team. This position is contingent upon award.
Using your experience and subject matter skills, the Consultant will perform the following tasks. Tasks could include but not be limited to:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abiities:
- Assist team in evaluation design, developing data collection tools;
- Conduct the desk review, planning interviews and assessments;
- Analyzing collected data, and assisting with report writing;
- Take direction from other team members as appropriate;
- Coordinate logistics related to all evaluation field work.
- Graduate Degree or equivalent in a related field;
- Strong working knowledge of private sector finance, investment products, and investment fund operations;
- Background in economic growth and/or finance in the North Africa and Middle East context;
- Experience in managing data collection, leading and conducting interviews.
- Five years of experience designing and managing program evaluations and/or assessments;
- Development and/ or evaluation experience in the North Africa and Middle East region is highly desirable;
- Good organization and communication skills.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Graduate degree or equivalent in a relevant field
This position does not have supervisory responsibility
Travel within Egypt will be required.
September - October 2018Anticipated Level of Effort (LOE):
No phone calls please
. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.