EnCompass LLC is currently looking for an Evaluation Specialist. The Evaluation Specialist leads and/or participates in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) contract and proposal activities. The evaluation specialist contributes to all project deliverables and deepens EnCompass’ approach to MEL. The Evaluation Specialist effectively supports (and sometimes leads) diverse teams, facilitates technical/management meetings and workshops with clients, and manages workplans and budgets. This is a full-time position based out of the Rockville, MD office and will report to the Associate Director of Evaluation.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions include:
- Provides technical support to MEL activities
- Provides subject matter and technical expertise on all aspects of MEL work.
- Develops evaluation designs, data collection instruments and processes, supervises data management, conducts data collection, reviews and synthesizes documents and analyzes data.
- Prepares high quality reports and technical resources (may include publishing or presenting significant work).
- Conducts field work internationally and domestically to collect data, train data collectors and facilitate workshops on results and learning.
- Manages and implements contracts.
- Manages and contributes to contract implementation, building capacity and responding to client needs.
- Contribute to the development of LOE estimates, workplans and budgets. Monitors timelines and expenses and participates in Periodic Financial Reviews with Finance Team.
- Recruits and manages consultants.
- Builds and maintains high quality relationships and communications with clients, partners, prime contractors, subcontractors and consultants.
- Contributes to acquisition of new business.
- Support the development of high quality technical proposals
- Serves as a technical expert/resource to TA/Evaluation and Business Development teams by contributing to technical proposal development across a variety of sectors.
- Contributes to company business development through networking in professional circles and with prospective clients.
- Contributes to expansion of the Global Consultant Network.
- Engages fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing support to other team members as needed.
- Minimum of master’s degree and four years’ experience or PhD and two years’ experience. Degree in Political Science, International Development a related field.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of two years of direct MEL experience, ideally with United States Government clients.
- In-depth understanding of international development processes, actors and cultures.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Experience in developing meaningful theories of change and associated MEL strategies
- Strong qualitative and/or quantitative evaluation skills, with a demonstrated ability to synthesize complex data streams.
- Ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Experience facilitating adult-centered learning processes and academic training in research designs and methodologies.
- Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments.
- Ability to understand the needs of an organization and identify creative solutions. Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Excellent management, organization, communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects and communicate results.
- Prior experience developing MEL proposals for USG clients strongly preferred.
- Fluency in languages other than English highly desirable.
- Budget planning and executing experience.
- Flexibility and ability to travel for varying lengths of time.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.