Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. (OSC) seeks well-qualified applicants for a mid-level Evaluation Specialist position for an anti-corruption program covering Afghanistan, DRC, Nigeria, and South Sudan.
The Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for designing and implementing project evaluations and serve as the evaluation team leader of select evaluations conducted under this program.
This person must demonstrate professional excellence in their technical areas of expertise, excellent writing ability, fluency in English, effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to resolve work issues with senior country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff. They must have experience in relevant technical, management, administrative, and capacity building experience in developing countries.
· Master’s degree and five years of evaluation or anti-corruption work experience, or a Bachelor’s degree and eight years of evaluation/anti-corruption work experience
· Work experience in either anti-corruption programming or in conducting DG evaluations and have a comprehensive knowledge of the political and social contexts of specified target countries
· Demonstrated expertise and experience in social science research, including mixed methods and notably quantitative and qualitative primary data collection methods
· Demonstrated experience conducting focus groups and structured interviews
· Have a good knowledge of data collection software (such as Kobo, SMAP) and statistical packages (such as SPSS)
· Have excellent written and spoken English
· Have excellent research and report writing skills
· Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and work within timelines
· Familiarity with USAID policies relating to evaluation and performance management
· Experience conducting anti-corruption evaluations in specified target countries
OSC (www.oscltd.com) is a small business specializing in technology-driven, research-based monitoring and evaluation (M&E) across development sectors with over 25 years of experience implementing USAID-funded projects. OSC has proven track record collecting, analyzing, and disseminating quantitative and qualitative data, including large-scale randomized household studies. OSC provides high quality M&E support services to USAID programs to ensure the robust integration of M&E and learning. For consideration, please email resume/CV and cover letter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject line: EVAL IDIQ Senior Evaluation Specialist. OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. To apply for this position, please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.