The anticipated five-year contract is to provide the USAID mission in Nepal with high-quality data from rigorous monitoring and evaluation projects, and to develop the capacity of USAID Nepal and its Implementing Partners to develop MEL systems to take advantage of M&E results to improve program outcomes over time.
USAID Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) can be found at https://www.usaid.gov/nepal/cdcs, and the associated development objectives for Nepal are:
Development Objective 1: More inclusive and effective governance
Development Objective 2: Inclusive and sustainable economic growth to reduce extreme poverty
Development Objective 3: Increased human capital
Development Objective 4: Post-earthquake Nepal rebuilt to be disaster resilient and well positioned for sustainable development
The project is expected to improve all USAID-supported M&E efforts in Nepal through improved planning and execution of analyses, assessments, studies, surveys, and evaluations; through improved knowledge management and learning; and through capacity building of the Mission and Implementing Partners.
Cloudburst Consulting Group seeks an Evaluation Specialist for the USAID Nepal MEL Project. The position is full-time beginning in April 2020 and will be based in a project office to be opened in Kathmandu.
- Participate in all planning, data collection, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, dissemination, technical assistance and knowledge management activities.
- Work closely with project leadership, contributing design and execution of data collection, verification, and analytical steps in MEL activities.
- Ensure successful completion of all MEL activities.
- Support evaluation technical assistance, training, and other skills or knowledge transfer to staff and partners on design, methodology, execution, and reporting and other dissemination of results.
- Master’s degree in economics, sociology, program evaluation, development studies, statistics, or other relevant field;
- 7 or more years of experience in international development;
- 5 or more years of experience designing and implementing impact evaluations, assessments, or performance evaluations in a developing-country context;
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods;
- Experience with survey sampling and complex sampling;
- Sectoral experience in health, governance, agriculture, economic growth, vulnerable populations, or environment;
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills;
- Previous work experience in Nepal;
- Excellent written and verbal English; and
- Proficiency in Nepali.
- Familiarity with experimental/quasi-experimental design and impact evaluations;
- Experience with training and capacity building of project and Mission staff and implementing partners, and
- Familiarity with the USAID/Nepal Mission.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
The Cloudburst Group is a small consulting business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally. Our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting and technical assistance, communications and performance measurement.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled