The Global Health Program Cycle Improvement Project (GH Pro) is seeking Evaluation Specialist consultants for current and upcoming USAID evaluations. The Evaluation Specialist will serve as a member of the evaluation team, providing quality assurance on evaluation issues, including methods, development of data collection instruments, protocols for data collection, data management and all data analysis; assuring all quantitative and qualitative data analyses are done to meet the needs of the evaluation and adhere to USAID evaluation standards. As the lead analyst, the Evaluation Specialist will provide technical guidance to the team including training on protocols and data collection methods, training and development of data collection instruments, protocols for data collection, and data management. Preference will go to candidates with Global Health Program Evaluation experience.
- An advanced degree in public health, statistics or related field required.
- 10+ years of experience in USAID and/or PEPFAR monitoring and evaluation (M&E) procedures and implementation. (all applicants will be required to complete an assessment to demonstrate these skills)
- 5+ years of experience managing M&E, including evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative AND quantitative evaluation tools.
- Experience in data management with the ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data. (primarily descriptive statistics)
- Experience conducting and overseeing others in the implementation of surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups, observations and other evaluation methods that assure reliability and validity of the data.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including written, in-person/presentation, and facilitation skills applied within multi-cultural contexts.
- Proficient in English and other languages, such as French and Portuguese is highly desirable.
- Good writing skills, including extensive report writing experience.
Also Desirable for Specific Assignments:
- Global Health Program Evaluation experience;
- Experience analyzing previously collected data;
- Experience with government service data.
About the Organization
About the GH Pro Project: The Global Health Program Cycle Improvement Project (GH Pro) provides the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Global Health, Regional Bureaus, and Missions with ready access to high-quality, external technical expertise to design, support, and evaluate programs contributing to the achievement of U.S. Government (USG) Global Health Initiative (GHI) targets. The contract, GH Pro, is comprised of five components 1. Program and project evaluation; 2. Technical assistance; 3. GH program and research management; 4. Mission support; and 5. Logistical support for meetings/conferences. This activity spans all Foreign Assistance Health Area objectives as well as cross-cutting health issues such as gender, health systems strengthening, and science and technology.