USAID DHCA and USAID/Belarus have requested that Cloudburst conduct a mid-term performance evaluation of civil society capacity building activities to occur approximately during the period of April-August 2020 with 3-4 weeks of fieldwork in June or July. The purpose of this evaluation is to assess the relevance and effectiveness, as well as efficiencies, sustainability and unintended effects, of project activities. The evaluation should identify favorable and restrictive factors that could have influenced the effectiveness of the activities. This posting is to recruit an Evaluation Team Leader.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In consultation with Cloudburst, develop a detailed work plan for the evaluation.
- Identify and review available relevant background documents.
- In consultation with Cloudburst, develop the research methodology.
- Conduct 3-4 weeks of fieldwork to support evaluation.
- Prepare two out-briefs for Mission and Embassy staff, in Mission offices in Belarus and in Ukraine, at conclusion of fieldwork.
- Serve as lead author coordinating and directing the reporting effort, including producing the draft and final report and responding to USAID’s questions and criteria.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in leading civil society programming evaluations in the region (Ukraine, Russia, Belarus).
- Professional background in development work in the Europe & Eurasia (E&E) and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) region.
- Experience in the implementation of technical assistance in addressing civil society development issues.
- Knowledge of USAID development policies and practices.
- Master’s degree (minimum) in a relevant field.
- Strong organizational and team-building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct interviews and facilitate discussions.
- Experience writing evaluation reports.
- English fluency required.
- Ability to travel to Belarus and Ukraine as needed.
About the Organization
The Cloudburst Group is a small consulting business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally. Our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting and technical assistance, communications and performance measurement.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled