Proposal and Position Overview:
IBTCI is seeking an Evaluation Team Lead for the anticipated USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity. The five-year contract has the objective of ensuring that all development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical support services; evaluation of technical support services; and learning and adaptive management services. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of evaluation and special study activities.
- Plan and prepare the budget for each assigned activity.
- Identify appropriate staffing levels.
- Secure appropriately qualified staff.
- Provide relevant technical guidance.
- Lead consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
- Lead the development of evaluation design, methodology, sampling strategy, and data collection instruments for baseline assessments, mid-term and final performance evaluations, and special studies.
- Lead the development of data analysis plan and conduct qualitative and /or quantitative data analysis.
- Organize fieldwork, develop work plans, presentations and reports for assessment and evaluation teams.
- Analyze and evaluate data and prepare reports for the Chief of Party.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of international best practices in project design, implementation, evaluation and learning, as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Experience leading the design, implementation, analysis, and reporting for an impact evaluation is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced evaluation design and advanced statistical analysis including multi-level modeling, propensity score matching, conduct power analysis for clustered evaluations, and fluency with a statistical software package.
- Previous experience conducting randomized controlled trials and quasi-experimental designs.
- Proven ability to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design.
- Experience in conducting the project and program evaluations, surveys, assessments, and data analysis.
- Experience in conducting and managing impact evaluations.
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience required.
- Experience working in USG M&E projects desired.
- Experience working in South Asia, preferably Bangladesh.
Education: Must have a graduate degree in research methods, social science, development or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, but will require field travel.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position is based in Bangladesh and will require travel throughout the country.
No phone calls, please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.