CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that addresses development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include monitoring, evaluation and learning, public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks an Evaluation Team Lead for the upcoming USAID’s Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity. The Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity will be a central platform for ensuring that development activities funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through the delivery of strong performance, evaluation, learning, and adaptive management services.
The Evaluation Team Lead will be responsible for overall management and functioning of all evaluation, assessment, and special study activities.
This includes the following:
* Overseeing all aspects of evaluation, assessment and special study activities, such as planning, budgeting, staffing, design and implementation of each assigned activity.
* Identifying appropriate staffing levels.
* Securing appropriate qualified staff.
* Managing an internal local team of evaluation specialists, and external short-term consultants.
* Providing relevant technical guidance.
* Leading consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
* Identifying and executing appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
* A Master’s or higher degree is preferred in organizational learning, organizational behavior, public policy or administration, business administration, management, development administration, knowledge management, research methods, political science, international relations or related field, or other fields closely related to international development.
* At least ten (10) years of international development experience involved in either monitoring and evaluation, project management, project design, or strategy development.
* Experience in designing and conducting project and activity evaluations, surveys, assessments, and data analysis.
* Experience designing, conducting and managing impact evaluations.
* Evidence of advanced evaluation design and advanced statistical analysis including multi-level modeling, propensity score matching, conducting power analysis for clustered evaluations and, fluency with a statistical software package desired.
* Strong data analysis, English report writing, and presentation skills.
* Able to effectively manage activities in a multi-cultural environment.
* At least five (5) years of supervisory experience
* Experience working with USAID is preferred.
* Experience working in South Asia is desired.
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.