The primary objective of the Bangladesh MELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and assistance, and build the capacity of USAID/Bangladesh staff, implementing partners and the Government of Bangladesh (GOB). By pursuing this, USAID/Bangladesh will gradually become a learning, adaptive organization that is responsive to effective development. This five-year activity will provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support services, further strengthening the implementation of USAID/Bangladesh’s development strategy.
The QED Group is seeking an Evaluation Team Lead to propose to our team and to serve as an experienced organizational learning and knowledge management professional. The Senior Program Advisor for Evaluation shall be responsible for overall management and functioning of all evaluation and special study activities and staff engaged in such activities.
Oversee all aspects of evaluation and special study activities, such as:
- Planning and budgeting for each assigned activity;
- Identifying appropriate staffing levels;
- Securing appropriate qualified staff;
- Providing relevant technical guidance;
- Leading consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners;
- Identifying and executing appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Must have a graduate degree in research methods, social science, development or a related field.
- Must have at least twelve (12) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design.
- Must have experience in conducting project and program evaluations, surveys, assessments, and data analysis.
- Experience in conducting and managing impact evaluations is required.
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience is also required.
- Experience working in USG M&E projects is desired.
- Must have working experience in South Asia, preferably Bangladesh.
- Must have knowledge of international best practices on project design, implementation, evaluation and learning as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Experience leading the design, implementation, analysis and reporting for an impact evaluation is preferred.
- Evidence of advanced evaluation design and advanced statistical analysis including multi-level modeling, propensity score matching, conducting power analysis for clustered evaluations, and fluency with a statistical software package.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting randomized controlled trials and quasi-experimental designs.
- In addition, the capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Position contingent upon contract award
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.