Evaluation Team Leader
Position Type: Consultant (short-term)
Work Location: Cambodia
About the Organization:
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Social Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A is recruiting an Evaluation Team Leader for the USAID/Cambodia Mid-Term Performance Evaluation of the Cambodia Malaria Elimination Project (CMEP). CMEP is a 5-year project implemented by University Research Co., LLC, in partnership with local and international stakeholders, from October 26, 2016 through October 25, 2021. It is currently implemented in nine operational districts and three provinces. The primary purpose of this mid-term evaluation is to assess the project’s performance to date, assess the efficiency and effectiveness of technical assistance and capacity building; identify key bottlenecks and constraints, and make actionable recommendations on the way forward to meet its objectives in its remaining period. The findings and lessons from the evaluation will also inform design of future programs.
The evaluation will assess and respond to the evaluation questions that are aligned with the primary objectives of the CMEP that include develop a scalable, evidence-based elimination model; support scale-up of high-quality malaria control and prevention; strengthen national surveillance program; and build the capacity of Ministry of Health (MOH) in malaria control and elimination. The evaluation timeline will be March through July 2020. Field data collection activities will take place for approximately 4 weeks.
- Responsible for finalizing the performance evaluation work plan, evaluation design, development of evaluation instruments.
- Provide overall leadership for the evaluation team and coordinate evaluation activities.
- Perform project document reviews and other relevant secondary sources review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Coordinate and conduct field data collection including interviewing key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Work collaboratively with the local stakeholders and provide weekly update to the USAID/Cambodia on the evaluation field work.
- Lead ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Cambodia.
- Write the draft evaluation report with support from the national evaluation advisor, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Respond to USAID/Cambodia and implementing partner comments on the draft report and prepare a final report addressing all the comments.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in public health, which included experience in implementation of malaria programs, with a Ph.D., or 10 years of experience with a JD/ABD, or 12 years of experience with a MS/MA.
- Post-graduate degree in public health, epidemiology, statistics, or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience leading health sector project/program evaluation/assessments, utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Demonstrated experience in public health and malaria programming, program design, and program evaluation.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, facilitation, and consensus building.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience successfully interacting with host government officials, civil society partners, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in project management.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to keep to a timeline.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required, with demonstrated report writing experience.
- Experience in gender analysis and incorporating a gender lens in evaluation
- Experience working in Asia and/or Southeast Asia is required, and experience in Cambodia is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the USAID evaluation policy, Result Frameworks and MEL plans.
If interested, please apply on the website with ”Evaluation Team Leader” in subject heading. Please provide details about your experience. Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply. Deadline for applications is March 31, 2020. Only finalists will be contacted. ME&A is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About the Organization
ME&A, Inc. is managing the USAID BMEL Activity. ME&A is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, including staff and consultant experts. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For more information about ME&A, see http://www.meandahq.com/.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.