Abt Associates, a global leader in research and program implementation, seeks a qualified Evaluation Team Lead for an upcoming external evaluation of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s investment in a digital platform for the agriculture sector that provides farmers with data for decision-making to improve productivity and income by tracking farm activities, harvest, and productivity to predict crop planting and yield patterns. The Evaluation Team Lead is anticipated to support the design and implementation of an impact evaluation of the Foundation’s investment. The consultant ideally has experience in India but is not required to be based in-country.
· Provides leadership in the development of the evaluation design;
· Designs and/or oversees the development of a sampling plan, survey instruments, and other evaluation materials;
· Leads the quantitative and/or qualitative data collection of the evaluation;
· Oversees survey enumerator training, in collaboration with the rest of the evaluation team;
· Oversees data cleaning and analysis, as needed;
· Ensures consistent and transparent quality control methods for all contracted tasks and functions; and
· Produces high-quality sections of evaluation reports and other deliverables, integrating and interpreting quantitative and qualitative findings.
· Masters in Economics, Agriculture, or related Social Science study (e.g. Public Policy, Statistics, Development Studies) required, PhD preferred;
· A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, including experience designing and implementing rigorous impact evaluations, collecting and/or analyzing data, and conducting quantitative and/or qualitative research in the agriculture sector;
· Strong economic, statistics and econometrics skills preferred, such as experience with detailed, high-level data analysis, sampling and experience with the design, and implementation of quantitative household or enterprise surveys in developing country contexts;
· Experience developing and implementing quality assurance/control procedures for data collection;
· Experience managing evaluation teams;
· Experience coordinating and communicating with multiple stakeholders; and
· Fluency in English required.
· Experience in digital solutions and machine learning in the agriculture sector;
· Experience in India strongly preferred; and
· Fluency in one or more Indian languages preferred.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the required qualifications. Qualified applicants must submit the following to IERG@abtassoc.com:
· Required: Updated résumé;
· Encouraged: Cover Letter that describes the applicant’s qualifications with relevance to the scope of work;
· Please include the job title in the email subject line.