AIR is seeking an Evaluation Team Leader to conduct two evaluations under one mechanism: 1.) A performance evaluation of the Reading for Success (RFS) project and 2.) A midterm performance evaluation of the activity “National Reading Program” (RFS-NRP).
Working closely with the Statistician and Principal Investigator, the Evaluation Team Leader will be responsible for overall and day-to-day management of contract activities, involving multiple tasks across multiple locations. S/he is the principal interlocutor between the Contractor team members and USAID, and is responsible for the overall compilation of all deliverables under this contract. S/he is responsible for staffing, project planning, project financials, and staff direction and oversight, and maintains and manages the relationship with USAID. Collaborating closely with the PI and senior statistician, S/he will also lead the quantitative components of the evaluation, the quantitative data analysis, the cost analyses, and the reporting through reports, publications, journal articles, conference presentations, and social media.
Eligibility: Moroccan nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent on funding.
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, statistics or related field
- 3+ years of experience conducting quantitative research
- Strong background and training in quantitative research methodologies
- Experience and knowledge of data analysis and data management techniques using STATA
- Experience managing and coordinating complex evaluations, including evaluations of international projects
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability in writing scientific papers and outcomes research reports, and ability to use research findings to evaluate program implementation and operations
- Candidates speaking Arabic in addition to English preferred
American Institutes for Research is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Apply: Use this link: https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/10622/evaluation-team-leader/job
Or visit AIR’s Careers Page and search for job opening 10622
About the Organization
American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a U.S. based not-for-profit company specializing in education programming, educational assessment, and other social policy issues. AIR’s International Development Program seeks to enhance the capacity of people in developing countries to improve their quality of life through education and social development. We have worked in collaboration with local and international stakeholders in more than 80 countries over the past three decades. We seek to ensure children’s equitable access to all levels of education, improve the quality and relevance of education, and empower individuals, communities, and institutions as agents of social and behavioral change.